Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thanksgiving

We had Thanksgiving dinner at Grandmom's this year.  It was really nice not to have to cook and clean, especially because Ben spent the entire week catching up on assignments for his doctoral program.  Just before Thanksgiving, his professor told him that he was so behind in his work that she had serious concerns about him continuing in the program.  We both kind of panicked!  Ben was convinced that he would be forced to take a year off to make up a few classes and I was sure that there was no way in heck I wanted to spend anymore time with Ben in school, so I basically chanted like the little engine that could for several weeks while he worked like a dog.  We didn't see him at all during Thanksgiving break, except for Thanksgiving dinner.  He even worked on the holiday and met us just to eat.  In the end he did finish all his assignments.  We had to wait several weeks to find out that he did in fact pass all his classes and was cleared to take the comprehensive exams in December.  We heaved a collective sigh of relief and Ben surprised himself.  One hurdle down...several more to go.  I knew he could do it all along!

My dad requested framed pictures of the kids for his Christmas gift, so I took these in Grandmom's backyard on Thanksgiving in preparation.  My Grandad built that brick wall in the background.  Sure do miss him!









I framed this one for Grandmom for Christmas.


Sariah, always a fan of the turkey leg.

Potato boy

Still pretty cute after all these years!



Ruby kept trying to lick Princess, the dog.  We were all cracking up.

Us big girls did a little "grey Thursday" shopping after we'd all stuffed ourselves.  I felt a little guilty because I don't want all those workers having to go in on a holiday, but we had a blast, and I think just established a new Thanksgiving tradition!


No comments: